8 Rabi al-Awwal 1442

Sheikh, can I visit a woman for the purpose of marriage in a public place, without the wali as she is a revert? This will be the first meeting with her to get to know her and will be very formal. (The public place would be either a coffee shop, or some other place which is crowded), if we feel there is compatbility we can arrange her wali to be present for a more in

By Admin
In Fiqh of Marriage
May 28th, 2020


This is called dating!

You must not have any communication with her as she is a total stranger to you. Approach her Muslim wali for her hand in marriage. If she doesn’t have one, the Muslim judge or the authorized Imam of the Islamic center becomes her Wali.

facebook comments: